Supervisa for parents and grandparents is hailed as a part of family reunification in Canada, as once claimed by the Immigration Minister Jason Kenney. It is no more a hidden fact that a significantly large number of immigrants from all parts of the world have settled in Canada over past many years. Not only are they able to work and stay in Canada, but are also granted permanent residency and Canadian citizenship, along with numerous social benefits that are enjoyed by the Canada-born citizens. No wonder that 1 out of every 5 Canadian residents is not Canadian-born but has migrated from some other country.
Post-settlement in Canada, these migrants obviously feel the strong desires to bring their family members from their native countries for permanent stay or at least for visits extended up to few months. Family-based immigration and family sponsorship programs are among the many efforts that the Canadian Government introduced to promote family reuniting. Spouses, common-law partners and children have been benefitting through these programs for long.
It was in December, 2011 that super visa for parents to visit Canada was introduced and the program gained instant success because of the benefits it provides. Here are some of the main aspects of super visa for parents Canada:
- Unlike the usual six month-only stay, Super visa for parents and grandparents allow long-term stay.
- Parents and grandparents of Canadian permanent residents and citizens can use super visa to stay for 2 years at one time without the need of visa renewal.
- Parents and grandparents approved for super visa can pay multiple visits to their children living in Canada over the period of 10 years and stay for up to 2 years each time.
How CIC Helps?
Canadian Immigration and Citizenship pays special attention to Canada super visa for parents applications to ensure fast processing. Usually, the processing time for parents super visa Canada is 8 weeks from receiving the application. If statistics are to be believed, the approval rate for super visa applications is 83% which is truly commendable.
How Super Visa Differs from TRV
Apart from the period for which the visa holders can stay in Canada, super visa differs from Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in a number of ways. For example, unlike TRV, super visa is not required to be renewed again and again. It means that the parents and grandparents of immigrants to Canada can enjoy extended stay with their children in Canada in a much more peaceful manner.
Parents and grandparents from the countries like UK and USA, which are exempted from the need of obtaining TRV, enjoy further benefits from the Super Visa provisions. They don’t need to apply for visa, but simply get Canadian Government’s official letter to stay with their children in Canada for up to 2 years at a time.
Super Visa Application and Requirements
The Canada super visa application is extremely simple to fill and the entire process is quiet straightforward. While most of the documents required for the application are similar to those required for TRV, few additional requirements need to be fulfilled by the applicants:
- Applicants must possess a letter of invitation from their children or grandchildren who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada
- Documents providing the proof of minimum Canadian Low Income Cut-off met by the children or grandchildren
- Birth certificates or any other proofs that validate the applicants relationships with the children/grandchildren in Canada
- 1 year of medical insurance cover as obtained from an insurance provider in Canada. Please note that parents/grandparents entering Canada with super visa are not entitled to receive the Canadian heath benefits
How Do We Help?
As testified by the Canadian ministers and attorneys, Super Visa program for parents and grandparents has received tremendous response from the immigrants settled in Canada. Launched as a convenient family reunification program, it witnessed visa approval for more than 3,500 applicants within the 6 months of its launch.
ACME Overseas is a Super Visa Canada consultant with years of experience in getting successful approval for hundreds of super visa for parents Canada application forms. From documentation to application filling and assistance at every stage, we make the process extremely hassle-free for our clients. Get to know more about the program or start right now by contacting our experts today!